It almost sounded as if someone had told him what to say on the subject of John Pelphrey. He gave the company line about the class coming in, and how the team just hasn't learned to finish games. He then elaborated about how this takes time and so on....I wonder who's promised him what?
Bo's interviewing Nolan tomorrow, and I imagine Bo will use the interview to build up tomorrow nights game with Kentucky--- so to do his part to get fans to show up.... He will then talk about Nolan having a good point about learning how to finish off games, and how a player or two next year will help facilitate this process....
Bo will basically do the same things he's been doing the last three years, especially the last two weeks---use his venue to prop up John Pelphrey--- to ensure one more year for him.
If everyone recalls, the last two weeks is identical to what's happened the previous two years:
- Passionate press conference.
- Media then spends a week talking about it.
- Player problems arise--setting up a players departure.
- Blame season's struggles on said player, not John Pelphrey.
- Blame player leaving on the player, not John Pelphrey.
- A lot of talk about players coming in will make it better next year.
- A lot of talk about how John Pelhrey is changing the culture.
- Bring in Nolan Richardson for an interview.
And all along----John Pelphrey still doesn't understand timeout usage, or how to substitute his players----so a player like Marshawn Powell can find his rhythm in a game.
Hey Nolan, I wouldn't hitch my wagon to John Pelphrey, he's not going to make it. Principle has already passed judgment on John Pelphrey---it's just a matter of time.